A Certificate of Origin (CO) can be obtained by a company through the following procedures:
- Have products approved under the ECOWAS Trade Liberalization Scheme (ETLS);
- Wish to export to ECOWAS Member States;
- Buy or procure (depending on the Member State) a copy of the ECOWAS CO from the designated competent authority (Chamber of Commerce and Industry or Ministry of Industry and Trade);
- Fill in the CO to reflect the decision to obtain an approval and as the operations of the enterprise dictate (depending on its approval decision and its invoice);
- Submit the application form duly completed and signed by the entreprise for verification and endorsement by the competent authority (Chamber of Commerce and Industry or Directorate of Industry) which send the filled form to the Customs Service for verification and endorsement.
- Collect the dully signed and stamped CO by the stakeholders (Competent Authority and Customs Service) from the competent authority.